Archangels of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangels of War

The Official site of AoW

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Your Grey Sets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dextero

Dextero

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Post Your Grey Sets Empty
PostSubject: Post Your Grey Sets   Post Your Grey Sets Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:17 am

This thread will be to consolidate everyone's best/favorite grey sets into one place for discussion and comments. I'll start off by posting a few grey sets I've had success with recently, and some strategy talk relating to them.

Post Your Grey Sets Greycornersetsamesidezh1.th

This set has performed admirably against a number of same side and center set opponents. However, it is vulnerable to a good player on the opp side, especially if he can keep his scout in range of a BW.

Post Your Grey Sets Greycornersetmobiletestzh0.th

This set is still in testing, but I think it's fairly well optimized to deal with either side or the center. It's obviously a fairly defensive set, with the strategy being to lure units close with strikes from the scout, witch, and assassin, and then to quickly finish them one at a time.

Post Your Grey Sets Modcentersetbi6.th

Now, I'll admit openly that I advocate playing center sets from time to time. Many players underestimate them because the majority of players using them are noobs. However, a skilled player will be able to outflank and destroy many strong corner set players with a good center set-up and careful play. The most important thing to remember is not to over-commit your scout outside range of the BW.

Post Your Grey Sets Greybottlesturtir7.th

This set is the set that Bottle, an almost legendary grey beast, used for dropless turtles. From my own experience, it's a strong set, but it does take some getting used to.

Post Your Grey Sets Grey2witchesturtgl9.th

For anyone who's been lucky enough to pick up an extra Dark Magic Witch, here's a very solid dual witch set. Just remember to use them with restraint -- no point in throwing all that firepower away.

Hopefully these sets will give everyone some things to think about, and I'll get some good feedback on how to improve them further. I think almost any set can be good if the player knows what he/she is doing, so if you don't agree with every unit or placement choice I made, I understand. Happy Hunting everybody!

Peace,
Dex
Back to top Go down
flareblade58

flareblade58

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Post Your Grey Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Your Grey Sets   Post Your Grey Sets Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 6:07 pm

these r sum pretty good sets Dex. u did well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/flareblade58

Post Your Grey Sets
Page 1 of 1