Archangels of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangels of War

The Official site of AoW

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Main Grey Set

Go down 
+3
HoEzCaLlMeGuN
control206
Dextero
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dextero

Dextero

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-28

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:48 pm

This set is something I worked up about a year and a half ago for a couple of reasons:
1. I was tired of playing out of the corner like everyone else.
2. I found that experienced players consistently beat me in corner to corner games, and I was struggling to get any better at the game.
3. I got absolutely reamed by someone playing a center-based set which looked somewhat similar to this.

Since that time, I've tried a few different variations on it, and this is the result. I'm probably going to experiment with a variety of starting positions over the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any suggestions or questions, hit me up.

[img=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img402/2370/myfavoritegreysetyt6.th.png]

Peace,
Dex
Back to top Go down
control206

control206

Number of posts : 9

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:23 pm

i like it Dextero but personally i think for golds it would be 2 easy to flank and take out your chanty and witch then oyur scout an assasin and a scout from a grey could prolly flank it to i think a knight should be in place of the witch but thats just my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Dextero

Dextero

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:10 am

It has been my experience, from playing quite a few players both gold and grey, that you are absolutely correct that gold's can flank me and dominate very quickly. That is a problem with the set up which could be solved by moving to a corner. However, I generally prefer to simply avoid playing golds with it. ;-)

Greys, on the other hand, are not able to pull this off. The reason that a gold is so tough for my set to handle is that there are lots of high-powered, high hit point, and fast moving units. With this set, I actually hope that a grey tries to flank me with his scout, because I'll either kill it (my preference) or else start flanking him and use the barrier ward to protect my exposed weaker units.

However, it's possible that I haven't come up against enough experienced players recently to notice this problem. We should play some time, and maybe you're right. :-)

Peace,
Dex
Back to top Go down
HoEzCaLlMeGuN

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-16

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:14 pm

dude

use corner sets

much easier to defend and attack

center sets are easyly broken down
Back to top Go down
flareblade58

flareblade58

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-02-15

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:19 am

i would usually agree w/ the guy above me but its all about the prefernces of the player, he may not like opposite sides or same sides or both, w/ a center set both of these probalem s r solved
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/flareblade58
anothergirl

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-02

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:08 pm

I like the pink!! Very Happy

The set looks like a fairly defensive set, rushing with the knights will only leave the pyro and witch easy to finish off with the scouts. (All this assuming a grey v grey game, good golds would destroy this set probably, esp. with a dsm.) The set would be fairly difficult to rush with a corner turtle grey set that is mainly defensive like mine main set is, but otherwise your set doesn't give the scout much room to move around and attack, both defensivly and offensivly. Idk, I see how it is a strong set, but I am more into corner sets even if there end up being opposite side games, I have just learned to be patient. Of course I don't care about stats so if I have to answer the phone to talk to a friend, then I will say 'gtg, rematch anotherday' or w/e and not think twice about it xD
Back to top Go down
Orange

Orange

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-03

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:21 pm

I disagree with anyone who poses a problem to this set. Play an experianced person with a central set and you're in for an ass whooping. I played Dex. when he used this set, (I was using my Dropless set, hop forum sections for a glimpse.) and it was a very evenly matched game. We never found out who won either which was the worst part about it. But If you can pull off a central set, Good for you. Its a terrific skill to be able to do. My central set has to have Dual Witch and Dual Cleric or I'm absolute garbage.
Back to top Go down
flareblade58

flareblade58

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 pm

i got 5 witches not to mention my sister =) lol!
Back to top Go down
Dextero

Dextero

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:55 pm

hahaha, now that's a set I might fear!
Back to top Go down
flareblade58

flareblade58

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:44 pm

haha and i just got another cleric...too bad u cant trade units =(
Back to top Go down
revalatiob golds

revalatiob golds

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-06

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 pm

i agree w/ line up sets because then u have a better chance of movement in any diection and if your first id put a barrior around my witch if your fighting golds w/ DT's but corners and dextro's work too i had that set when i first started playing the game and pinks my fav color cheers lol! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Main Grey Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Main Grey Set   My Main Grey Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Main Grey Set
Page 1 of 1